New modular hardware and software approach to achieve superior cloud computing performance, energy savings, and ease of system management
The SYMKLOUD Series of application-ready cloud platform solutions are designed from the ground up to transform and simplify how network equipment providers and cloud service providers deploy web-based, machine-to-machine (M2M), and mobile applications in cloud infrastructure.
The SYMKLOUD platform, a symbiotic and modular integration of switching, load balancing and processing, all into a superbly low power and compact 2U, 21-inch deep design.
Simplifying 42U rack and cluster configurations, SYMKLOUD requires 2 to 4 times fewer fiber and copper cables with its integrated switching infrastructure. Its extensive power management adapts power consumption to the actual workload, as SYMKLOUD dynamically powers up or down processors independently for significant energy savings. Its overall modular approach makes SYMKLOUD processor agnostic and capable of running multiple applications across multiple independent low-power, high performance processors.
The first in the series is the Kontron SYMKLOUD MS2900 Web platform ideal for web-based applications in cloud computing environments. Only 2U in height and 21 inches (533.4mm) deep, the MS2900 Web has integrated single or redundant L4 to L7 switching, up to 2 load balancer subsystems, and up to nine independent Intel® Xeon E3-1265 Lv2 Quad-Core processors. All switch, load balance, and processor subsystems are hot-swappable. Storage options include up to 13.5 TB (more upon request) of HDD or SSD 2.5" drives. The MS2900 Web platform adds even more energy efficiency by only requiring 1100W dual redundant AC or DC hot-swap, power supplies.
The Kontron SYMKLOUD MS2900 supports clusters of eight (2U) units or up to 2.5 clusters per 42U rack, when not populated with other equipment. Only one load balance subsystem is required to support one cluster. In this configuration scenario, this translates into 186 multicore processors per 42U rack. The MS2900 Web’s load balancing in combination with its high uplink capacity means each 42U rack can be effortlessly configured and managed without the need for any additional space hungry and costly equipment.
Kontron has made sure platform and rack-level software updates are easy as possible, featuring a 1-Click Update Web GUI platform management, integrated BMC (iBMC) with advanced options, support for SNMP and IPMI 2.0, and remote management for diagnostics and provisioning.
Ruggedized Modular Platform design:
• 2U height, 21 inches deep;
• Up to 9 hot-swappable subsystems;
• Up to 2 hot-swappable load balancers (optional);
• Single or redundant hot-swappable switches;
• Single or redundant management ports;
• HDD and SSD 2.5" storage options; up to 13.5 TB and more with future options
• Hot swap, redundant fans;
• Front to back cooling;
• Dual redundant 1100W AC or DC Hot Swap Power Supplies; 80 PLUS® Silver or better efficiency
• 1-Click Web GUI platform management; Integrated BMC (iBMC) with advanced options; Support for SNMP and IPMI 2.0; dedicated system manager; and remote management for diagnotics and provisioning
Up to 9x Intel® Xeon E3-1265 Lv2 Quad-Core, with a total of 256GB of Dual-Channel DDR3 memory
2 hot swap switches: Active-Active or Active-Standbye;
High uplink capacity 4x 10 GbE SFP+ (front or rear) and 8 x 1 GbE ports RJ-45
• Improves application responsiveness by distributing application workloads evenly across servers
• Supports SSL Offload, Compression and HTTP Multiplexing, thus reducing latency, accelerating page loads and lowering bandwidth cost
• Supports virtualization management and for high availability environments
• VLB Basic and Advanced
OS, Hypervisors and Middleware Support:
• Various options available as part of integration services
Designed to meet the following environmental, safety and EMC requirements: EN 300 019; Telcordia GR-63;
Telcordia SR-3580 level 3; Telcordia GR-1089; EN 300 386; EN / CSA 60950-1; FCC PART 15
Need storage and/or I/O cards added? Need an operating system or your own software image loaded? We can help with that. We have a team of qualified and experienced engineers who can quickly accomplish this. Please contact us for further details.