Cloud platform solves the power costs, space constraints, and cluster management challenges of hosted services environments
Now supports the newly released 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core processor
Designed for the media optimization applications for cloud infrastructure and next-gen data center requirements.
With mobile devices challenged by power consumption and the usage of bandwidth-hungry video content, the need for efficient transcoding in the cloud has never been greater. As transcoding for mobile devices are moving in to the Cloud to offload the required processing on the mobile device, the result is better power efficiency on the mobile device. Working with Intel, Kontron has created the optimal solution that addresses the issue of energy efficiency, scalability and cost, and results in a better user experience.
The Kontron SYMKLOUD Media platform is also designed to complement M2M applications as a connecting element for Video Surveillance-as-a-Service (VSaaS).
The Kontron MS2900 is designed from ground up to improve how service providers deploy any web-based hosted services in four key areas:
Multifaceted approach towards achieving the best Power Efficiency;
Integrated Switching and Load Balancing for more elegant and seamless Cluster and Rack Scalability;
Simplified Management that slashes system-level update times;
Integration Servicing of all required hardware and software to match requirements of client's infrastructure applications
Its overall modular approach makes the Kontron SYMKLOUD Media platform also capable of running multiple applications – including transcoding – across multiple independent low-power, high-performance processors.
The SYMKLOUD MS2900 Media platform features up to: 18 Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core Processors, and is future-proofed to accommodate next generation Intel processors.
Up to 18 Intel® i7-4860EQ (GT3e) Quad-Core processors, each with up to 8GB of Dual Channel DDR3 memory
(Excluding Load Balancer subsystem)
2 hot swap switches: Active-Active or Active-Standby;
High uplink capacity 4x 10 GbE SFP+ (front or rear) and 8 x 1 GbE ports RJ-45
Ruggedized Modular Platform design:
• 2U height, 21 inches deep;
• Up to 9 hot-swappable subsystems;
• Up to 2 hot-swappable load balancers (optional);
• Single or redundant hot-swappable switches;
• Single or redundant management ports;
• Hot swap, redundant fans;
• Front to back cooling;
• Dual redundant 1100W AC or DC Hot Swap Power Supplies; 80 PLUS® Silver or better efficiency
• Up to 480 GB total of storage per processor (2 x M.2 SSD)
• 1-Click Web GUI platform management; Integrated BMC (iBMC) with advanced options; Support for SNMP and IPMI 2.0; dedicated system manager; and remote management for diagnotics and provisioning
• Improves application responsiveness by distributing application workloads evenly across servers
• Supports SSL Offload, Compression and HTTP Multiplexing, thus reducing latency, accelerating page loads and lowering bandwidth cost
• Supports virtualization management and for high availability environments
• VLB Basic and Advanced
OS, Hypervisors and Middleware Support:
• Various options available as part of integration services
Designed to meet the following environmental, safety and EMC requirements: EN 300 019; Telcordia GR-63;
Telcordia SR-3580 level 3; Telcordia GR-1089; EN 300 386; EN / CSA 60950-1; FCC PART 15
Need storage and/or I/O cards added? Need an operating system or your own software image loaded? We can help with that. We have a team of qualified and experienced engineers who can quickly accomplish this. Please contact us for further details.